Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Why Blog?

1. Because value is associated with content. We like to talk, listen, we absorb information that is interesting to us. I work at what used to be called an ad agency...we are now conversationalists, generators of content, and statisticians. We create content. All different kinds. Video, words, pictures, stories, concepts, brands.

2. To build your brand. You are your brand. You are the most important product you will ever sell (unless you sell the cure for cancer, or world peace, or you take care of children). Like any good brand you have to be authentic, you need a true differentiator, and you need to appeal to your market.

3. It is important to enter into the conversation. There is a great shift going on in our world. Physically, environmentally, and socially. Young people under 25 don't know a world without broadband. They have never used dial-up. They txt, twitter and share experiences constantly. Open public parks not walled-gardens will win this war.

4. Because it's fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom Bradley said...

Please allow me the honor of being the first to respond. I've tried three times to sustain a blog, and find I can't, simply because I feel too many blogs are regurgitated content - comments on content found on other blogs or sites, links to content linked a hundred places. So I try to come with original content - not just, what did they say, but what do I think? What do I bring to this conversation? And that's a harder thing to do, especially on an ongoing basis.

Here's my challenge to all bloggers - don't just talk to me about others' ideas; don't rephrase things you've read; don't just comment on things you read about online. Tell me something about you - your story, and what your own life taught you. That's something I can't get anywhere else - that's valuable content.

April 10, 2008 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger Eulah said...

Tom, thanks so much for your comment! I feel honored that anyone bothered to read my little posting. I am not sure if I will be able to generate original content. My friend Charles is doing a much better job of it here: http://notesfromthebeat.blogspot.com/

But I hope to use this to develop a point of view, to refine a perspective, and to get in the habit of writing. Who knows maybe some day I will be like Robert Scoble...or at least make a few friends.

April 10, 2008 at 7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home